Friday, November 5, 2010

My Story


I’ve had Lymphoedema for 6 years now was diagnosed after 6 long months of expensive, invasive and painful tests, opinions, misconceptions and mistakes. In the early stages I actually was told that it wasn’t lymphoedema.!! Along side this I was 20 year old trying to find out who I am and becoming confident in myself emotionally, physically nd sexually.

I was prepared to be told I would need a risky operation, maybe some difficult years of treatment, but not to be told I had this chronic illness that in my head at the time only ‘old people’ had and there was no cure for.
In hindsight, years before I was diagnosed I had had fluid behind my knee, a lump in my groin, had done the right thing and sought medical advice on both occasions and it was never bought to my attention that lymphoedema existed.
  I found it hard to believe medical advice and diagnosis, how could this have happened when I had done the right things and potentially felt like id caught it in the early stages.

No comments:

Post a Comment